Solbridge EA is an independent solar consulting firm based in Pittsburgh, with a direct interest in promoting and developing solar resources throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania and the surrounding region. We help end-users (homeowners, business owners, municipalities, etc.) evaluate and execute solar development projects. By leveraging our independent position in the marketplace, as well as an extensive industry network, we ensure that our clients make the most informed decisions possible.
Renewable Energy Communications Intern
Are you a Pittsburgh-based marketing, social media, and graphic design enthusiast looking to break into the Sustainability field? By interning with Solbridge Energy Advisors, you can advocate for renewable energy while building your portfolio and meeting some of Pittsburgh’s leading sustainability advocates. Solbridge Energy Advisors is a Pittsburgh-based independent consulting firm that helps businesses, homeowners, non-profits, and municipalities navigate the solar energy market to find their ideal renewable energy solution. Upon learning the basics of the solar energy market, the intern will craft blog posts, social media messages, marketing collateral, RFPs, and client reports to raise awareness about the benefits of solar energy. Compensation will depend on experience and skill levels, as well as availability. Start and end dates are flexible. Although interns may work remotely (outside of Pittsburgh), preference will be given to those who live or have lived in the greater metropolitan area.
● Work with Principals to learn about the firm’s core values, offerings, and local energy markets
● Support creation of blog posts, devising creative ways to communicate the firm’s message and
relevant updates about the wider industry and local market trends
● Devise social media strategy and spearhead social media content creation for Twitter, Instagram,
Facebook, LinkedIn, and more
● Collaborate on and assist in the implementation of social media advertising strategies
● Refresh portfolio of existing collateral materials—factsheets, presentations, pitch decks, client reports, RFPs—ensuring aesthetic consistency and compelling visual / user experience
Our Ideal Candidate:
● Is passionate about sustainability and renewable energy
● Is curious, creative self-starter with the ability to work independently
● Is a strong visual and written communicator
● Has proficiency in HTML / WYSIWYG web design
● Has familiarity creating collateral materials on Google Docs / Microsoft Office; bonus points for knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc.
● Has experience devising data-driven social media strategies and creating content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
For consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter, and online portfolio or PDF samples of work (optional) to [email protected]